Robertson County Solid Waste & Recycling
Kory Drake, Interim Director of Solid Waste
Convenience Centers, Transfer Station, & Recycling
2916 W. County Farm Road
Springfield, TN 37172
Fax: (615) 384-0685
Hours of Operation
Transfer Station: Mon-Fri, 7:00 a.m.-3:15 p.m.; Sat, 8:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
Convenience Centers: Mon, 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.; Tue, 6:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.; Thu & Fri, 1:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.; Sat, 8:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
This department operates the County's Transfer Station where waste is collected and disposed. This department also oversees the operation of seven convenience center locations throughout the county. These centers accept bagged household garbage only. There are also containers for recycling cardboard and newsprint.
Robertson County Solid Waste Dept (RCSW) operates a Transfer Station & Recycling Center for residents and businesses in Robertson County. Recycling is available for cardboard, newsprint, office paper,plastics #1-7, motor oil, batteries, rechargeable batteries,paint, electronics, and metal. This facility handles in excess of 40,000 tons of waste and recyclables annually. If you have questions about recycling contact Korey Drake at 615-384-0683 ext. 101
RCSW in conjuntion with the State of Tennessee provides a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day once a year for residents to dipose of items such as chemicals, pesticides, herbicides and other hazardous waste.
You may click the link to the left for more information on our Transfer Station.
You may also find out what Tennessee is doing regarding recycling and waste by visiting the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation link.
Convenience Center Locations
1) Greenbrier- 3461 Old Greenbrier Pike, Springfield TN (past Golf Course)
2) 431 CC - 4861 Highway 431-N, Springfield TN (beside H.A.T.S.)
3) 49 CC – 4080 Flewellyn Rd., Springfield TN (behind 49 Market)
4) Orlinda – 9105 Hwy 49E, Orlinda TN
5) Crossplains – 4563 Yates Cave Rd., Crossplains TN (beside ballfield)
6) Cedar Hill – 2235 Old Washington Rd., Cedar Hill TN (beside ballfield)
7) Main Facility – 2916 W. County Farm Rd, Springfield (at Transfer Station & on same schedule as the Transfer Station)