OPEN POSITION NOTICE
Light Equipment Operator/Laborer at Robertson Co. Solid Waste Department
Operates and performs inspection and routine maintenance on various equipment including forklifts, bobcats, and small tractors in the performance of materials moving, trash removal, and other similar activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates forklifts and front skid steer loaders to transport trash and recycle materials.
- Operates mechanized sweepers and magnets.
- Keeps overall appearance of grounds neat.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on equipment.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must pass a Pre-employment drug test
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of materials handling, equipment, and procedures.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 40 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, , dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises