ROBERTSON COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE- TITLE CLERK II- FULL TIME
JOB TITLE: Title Clerk II
Department: County Clerk
Reports to: Chief Deputy Clerk
SUMMARY: Provides customer service to citizens of the County by collecting and balancing fees for the issuance of titles, title transfers, renewals, license plate transfers, stolen tag replacement, note and discharge of liens on titles, issuance of permits to dismantle vehicle, assisting citizens on rebuilt vehicles, issuance of farm permits, replacement of lost or stolen plates, issuance of permanent and temporary handicap placards, issuance of duplicate titles, processing of renewals, processing of dealer folders and dealer mail, processing of renewal mail and all other motor vehicle transactions. Certified passport agent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(NOTE: The duties listed below are normal for this job. These duties are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.)
- Assists the public by collecting and balancing fees for motor vehicle transactions to include issuing titles, transferring titles, renewals, transfer of license plates, replacement of stolen tags, noting and discharging of liens on titles, issuing permits to dismantle vehicles, assisting citizens on rebuilt vehicles, issuing farm permits, issuing permanent and temporary handicap placards, issuing duplicate titles, processing renewals, processing dealer folders and dealer mail, processing renewal mail and all other motor vehicle transactions. Works on the drive-through window, as assigned. Responds to requests for services via mail as well as across the counter.
- Answers department telephones and answers inquiries or forwards calls appropriately. Takes messages, as appropriate.
- Maintains an orderly stock inventory of plates, decals, stickers, etc.
- Assists customers in selecting class of plate for vehicles from a large variety available.
- Processes marriage licenses, boat registrations, passports, notaries, hunting and fishing licenses and farm permits as needed.
- May process title work for car dealerships in the area by issuing new tags by mail or across the counter.
- Provides research on problems as needed.
- May swear in officers for the Sheriff’s Department. Files and logs in the minute book.
- May assist in collections of bad debt and issuance of warrants.
- Certified passport agent.
- Performs other related departmental functions to ensure department efficiency and responsiveness to the public.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: High School graduate, or General Education Development (GED) certificate, with related general office or customer service experience required, or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Requires knowledge of motor vehicle fees, title practices and procedures, TCA codes, legal terminology and concepts, basic accounting principles and office administration. Good computer skills are required.
(ADA) MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have the ability to talk (expressing and/or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words) and/or hear (perceiving sounds of nature by ear.) Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision for proofreading and working on a computer monitor. Must be physically able to operate a computer, a calculator and other general office equipment. Occasional standing and/or walking are required. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those for sedentary work. Must be able to use body members to work, move, lift or carry objects up to twenty (20) pounds. Requires viewing computer monitor and operating keyboard for extended periods.
LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Requires the ability to speak and/or signal to convey or exchange information as well as the ability to read and interpret a variety of legal documentation. Requires the ability to prepare reports and legal forms with proper format, punctuation, spelling and grammar, using all parts of speech. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public. Requires the ability to record and deliver information to all levels and to explain procedures and policies.
NUMERICAL APTITUDE: Requires the ability to add and subtract totals, multiply and divide, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Must have the ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
MANUAL DEXTERITY: There are occasional requirements to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and controls and reach with hands and arms. Must have average levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is regularly performed in a traditional office setting.
Robertson County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Robertson County may provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Hours are 8-4:30 Monday thru Friday. Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 22, 2018 at the Robertson County Clerk’s office.
ROBERTSON COUNTY BUILDING AND GROUNDS- HOUSEKEEPING DEPARTMENT – FULL TIME HOUSEKEEPER- 37.5 HOURS PER WEEK, 7:30 – 4:00 MONDAY – FRIDAY. APPLICANT WILL REPORT TO THE ROBERTSON COUNTY OFFICE BUILDING, 523 SOUTH BROWN STREET, SPRINGFIELD, TN. FOR APPLICATIONS PLEASE CONTACT, JOE OR SHAWN @ 615-382-6140. APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL FIRDAY, JUNE 8, 2018 @ 4:30 PM. GENERAL HOUSEKEEPING AND FLOOR EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING BUFFING AND CARPET CLEANING REQUIRED. MUST BE ABLE TO TRANSPORT / LIFT HEAVY EQUIPMENT TO GO FROM BUILDING TO BUILDING.
Dental Assistant – The Robertson County Health Department is currently taking applications for a dental assistant in possession of current registration as a dental assistant with the State of Tennessee. This is a full time position Monday thru Friday: 8-4:30
Nurse Assistant – The Robertson County Health Department is currently taking applications for a Nurse Assistant. Graduation from a standard high school is required, a valid motor vehicle operator license. This is a full time position Monday thru Friday: 7:30-4:00.
Contact: Lorena Tello at 615-384-4504 for additional information.
Registered Nurse-This position is responsible for registered nursing duties of average difficulty based on a wide range of circumstances and performs related work as required at the Robertson County Health Department. Education and Experience: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse and experience equivalent to one year of registered nursing OR Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse and education equivalent to a bachelor’s or graduate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university or a diploma in registered nursing from an accredited school of nursing. Submit Robertson County Employment application to the Robertson County Health Dept., 800 S. Brown Street, Springfield, TN 37172.
Paramedic 1–Applicants must possess a valid/unrestricted TN EMT-PARAMEDIC license. Must have prior verifiable ambulance experience, preferably in 911/Emergency service. Must have a minimum class D TN driver’s licence with F endorsement with an excellent driving history. Must be available for varying shift hours to include days, nights, weekends, inclement weather, and holidays. Must possess current CPR, ACLS, PALS, EVOC/VKF certifications. Applications and letters of interest will be accepted until position is filled. Apply in person at Robertson EMS Headquarters, 1305 Hill Street, Springfield, TN 37172. For more information, call 615-384-2186.PARAMEDIC, FULL-TIME POSITION 24/48 SHIFTS
Apply in person at Robertson EMS Headquarters, 1305 Hill Street, Springfield, TN 37172. For more information, call 615-384-2186.
OPEN POSITION NOTICE
Light Equipment Operator/Laborer at Robertson Co. Solid Waste Department
Operates and performs inspection and routine maintenance on various equipment including forklifts, bobcats, and small tractors in the performance of materials moving, trash removal, and other similar activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates forklifts and front skid steer loaders to transport trash and recycle materials.
- Operates mechanized sweepers and magnets.
- Keeps overall appearance of grounds neat.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on equipment.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must pass a Pre-employment drug test
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of materials handling, equipment, and procedures.
- Ability to drive motor vehicles.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 40 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, , dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises