**The new law prohibits anyone under the age of 17 from marrying in Tennessee and anyone under 18 from marrying someone who is four or more years older.
- The license fee is $100.00. The cost is reduced to $40.00 if the couple completes a premarital preparation course from a qualified instructor and submits the Certificate of Completion form when applying for the license. Please note the instructor’s signature must be notarized.
- Social Security number must be given if applicant has one (T.C.A. 36-3-104).
- Both applicants must appear in the office together to sign the permanent record book.
- There is no waiting period. The license must be used to marry within 30 days from the date of issue.
- The State of Tennessee does not require a blood test.
- Both parties must be 18 years of age or older. Proof of age and identity must be provided. Acceptable identification includes driver’s license, passport or certified birth certificate (along with photo ID).
- A license issued in Robertson County is valid throughout the State of Tennessee. It must be returned to the issuing Clerk for recording and filing with the Tennessee Vital Records Office.
- The rite of matrimony may be solemnized by any of the persons listed in T.C.A. 36-3-301.
- You must know the following:
- Parents’ full name (including maiden name of mother)
- Parents’ state of birth
- Applicant’s number of prior marriages
- Date last marriage ended (month, day & year)
Certified Copy: Online Certified Copy Request
($5+fee) Meets TN Driver’s License Requirements
IN PERSON OR BY MAIL: To receive a certified copy of your marriage certificate you must supply the County Clerk’s office with the following:
- Name of couple (including bride’s maiden name)
- Date of marriage
- $5.00 money order
Mail request to:
Robertson County Clerk
511 S. Brown Street
Springfield, TN 37172
If you were MARRIED IN ANOTHER TENNESSEE COUNTY click here to see if the online option is available for you to order your certified copy of your marriage license.
The Robertson County Clerk’s Office now accepts Visa and MasterCard Credit card payments for most services.*Convenience fees do apply.