October 10, 2017

Replacing Lost or Damaged Title

If there is not a lien on a vehicle the owner, or owners, may replace a lost or damaged motor vehicle title by visiting the County Clerk’s office.

However, for the Clerk’s office to issue a replacement title the vehicle record must be in the State’s computer system and eligible for replacement. Also, the registered owners, when applying, must present proof of ownership and Photo ID. If a lien is recorded against the vehicle a discharge of lien must accompany the application.

Application For Duplicate Title

Robertson County Duplicate Title Fee: $16.00