Equal Opportunity Policy Statement
No person in the United States shall, on the ground of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance.
The State Department of Military provides benefits and services such as emergency management assistance, National Guard protection services and facility construction and maintenance, and disaster assistance following a major Presidential declaration. The federal assistance administered by the Military Department are pass through funds to local governments, other state agencies, and certain private non-profit organizations.
Anyone who believes that an agency or local government receiving the federal funding mentioned above has discriminated against someone on the basis of race, color or national origin has a right to file a complaint within 180 days of the alleged discrimination.
If someone believes they have been discriminated against, they should contact Robertson County Title VI Coordinator: Lea Ann Allen, Chief of Staff, Mayor’s Office, 501 S. Main Street, Springfield, TN 37172
If a resident/customer states a desire to file a Title VI complaint against Robertson County, they should contact the county’s Title VI Coordinator. The Coordinator will then schedule to meet with the complainant to learn the nature of the complaint. If the complaint is related to Title VI and the complainant wishes to file a complaint, the coordinator will assist. Guidelines for a proper Title VI complaint are as follows:
- Complaint must be in writing
- It should include the address, phone number, and signature of the drafter.
- Description of the discriminatory acts(s) that violate Title VI
- Include the name of recipient that the allegation is made against Robertson County.
- Complaint must be filed within 180 calendar days of the alleged discrimination.
- Record meeting in the presence of another employee. Complainant should be allowed to have a witness or representative present at said meeting.
- A written complaint would be requested (but not required) from the complainant.
- Upon receiving the complaint, the Title VI Coordinator would forward a copy to the appropriate agency within 7 working days. Determination of appropriate agency would be made after consultation with a member of TDOM’s Title VI Department.
- A copy of complaint should be forwarded to an official of any alleged discriminatory sub-contractor.
- A log should be made by Title VI coordinator of all complaints and appeals.